Mr. Africa Poetry Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom
Users viewing this page: None - 1 Guest

Forum Information
» You need at least 1 post(s) to be able to reply in this forum.
» You need at least 4 post(s) to be able to start a thread in this forum.

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CEMETERY GLORY
gmorrison
Posting Freak

Mood: Zen

cool.gif posted on 8-28-2007 at 12:50 PM
CEMETERY GLORY

To walk quietly among flowers and tombstones brings comfort, why?
Spiritually I can acknowledge the day forth coming of that special voice.
As various persons awaken from their slumber as tombstones are brought down.

Gmorrison Poetic Scene:
http://www.Gmorrison.Info

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Ariono-jovan Labu

Mood: con un nuevo amor para vida

[*] posted on 8-28-2007 at 02:23 PM

what a glorious day that sha'll be indeed my bruddah g. keep the hope intwined within the ink, the days are getting no easier. one-

MrAfrica
Super Administrator

Mood: I see Poems!! :yes:

thumbup.gif posted on 8-30-2007 at 10:08 PM
re: hi

good-evening gmorrison,

didn't even know u had posted this... :saint:

--
--
To walk quietly among flowers and tombstones brings comfort, why?
--
--

indeed true as thats why thy cemeteries are so peaceful... thy dead souls have started on thy next journey to either hell or heaven... we the living still is able to so thy respects, and literally interact with thy long gone relative... thy buriel grounds breath spirituality at it's best, as voices of calm, peace reign supreme...
bishop25

have a bless night...

sincerely,
c.t.adams-///

New Poetic Rules - NO Posting of Poems on the weekend... Updated on October 11, 2006
http://www.mrafrica.net/viewthread.php?tid=8926 (------

Note: Thank at least 2-4 poets per Thank You message... :yes:

Check out our moderators: | Staff List | peace25

Our Blogs:

http://ThyBlackMan.com | http://ThySistas.com

http://BlackFitness101.com | http://www.Akiit.com
:cool:
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
ashmoore53

Mood: getting there

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 01:07 PM

This brought to mind my trip to the Catacombs in Rome several years ago. I remember thinking to myself, "wouldn't it be something to be here on that day when the dead in Christ rise?"
TheLioness
Super Moderator

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 10:16 AM

Some people would not take comfort in a cemetary, but when you really think about it it is the most peceful place there could beand there will come a day when miraculous things happen in them.

Soar~*

Lisa Lambert

Mood: letting go...& letting God

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 01:07 PM

gmorrison~*R.I.P~*God Bless UR steps~*

what a beautiful peaceful write..you always did know how to make simple words have such powerful meanings encased within your short but sweet writes.....I have always loved to walk in cemeteries, just find it so peaceful and quieting to the spirit, a place where I can just chill and dip into the still waters of the soul...going to a cemetery humbles me, reminds me I am a fragile mortal who will one day be there myself....its ironic I am talking about this, and that I came across this write, as I was about to post my own scribe about being a mortal....one of my fav spots is in San Diego at the Cabrillo National monument, that has a beautiful lighthouse... part of it is a cemetery built along the cliffs that overlook the ocean...I used to go there and just chill, one of my sanctuaries to escape to when the currents of life were rough, I would walk among the tombstones and sit on the bench and watch the crashing waves that are always constant, till the end of time, the way God created the ocean, to always be moving forward, gravity affecting its tides.....as your poem said, that special voice, indeed, that will one day call all His children home....and I am sure when that time comes you will hear that gentle voice...I cant say I know where the spirit goes, are we asleep for a time until the day when the heavenly trumpets sound and the Lord comes back? all I know is the short time I knew you I was touched by your beautiful reaching spirit and poignant writes, some just a few sentences, yet so much said within those few words....wherever you are I am sure you are safe in the hands of God~* God Bless you always, & I can still say that, as though the earthly vessel dies and fades away, the soul lives on-carry on my friend~*luv across the miles/dimensions......in His love~*

~*They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with wings of eagles; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.~*Isaiah 40:31

'The words burn as deep embers in the heart of a poet long after the wildfire has run its course and found it's release'- Soar~*

~*you can complain that rose bushes have thorns-or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses~*anonymous

~*Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God.~*anonymous
Smearypigeon
Posting Freak

Mood: pigeons don't look at paintings

[*] posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:51 PM

the settling of peace, brother the mighty G at his most high with the cemetery glory you have and continue to still target our mind's eye and heart's reply.... so much emphasis on the stew of the peace with is all of our approaching re-birth a so called death not called no more

ladylyric

Mood: In LOVE with life

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 08:45 PM

Reading this piece although written by GMorrison made me think of GMorrison....
I feel whats penned here is what he shall experience at the appointed time of our heavenly Father. The irony of potraying cemetery scenary as beauty is beauty in itself. For that hope and promise which was penned was and is believe still. G's words here spell it our perfectly:

I believe so deeply in this promise as well. What a grand day this will be.
Family....although G is no longer with us us physically....we have so many gems of his that we can treasure....for someone who took a love of this art and used it to convey messages far greater than anything that can be deemed superficial....
I am so happy I stumbled on this stone. I hope you all get to take this in as well..

Poetic Love

"What you DO speaks so loud that I can not hear what you say." - Ralph W. Emerson

"My pens release is my poetic reflection....." - LadyLyric

Go To Top