Mr. Africa Poetry Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom
Users viewing this page: None - 1 Guest

Forum Information
» You need at least 1 post(s) to be able to reply in this forum.
» You need at least 4 post(s) to be able to start a thread in this forum.

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Standing Firm
Phinixrose

Mood: Humble and content

[*] posted on 12-19-2009 at 08:37 PM
Standing Firm

The Stand

I will stand because you have called me...

I will stand for thou will uphold me...

When fear pulls at my heart and despair grabs at my feet, I will stand in the strength of you love for me...

I will stand for the humiliation you had to bare...

I will stand and fight aginst the prince of the air...

I will stand and pray, fast and do my part...

I will stand in your grace for your love has captured my heart...

I will stand when all the world takes a bow, I shall stand and know that it is on your legs I stand now...

Standangel25
Soar~*

Lisa Lambert

Mood: letting go...& letting God

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 02:22 AM

Phinixrose~*

what a beautiful poem, a testament to fighting the good fight, taking that stand against all that would try to pull one away from God....yes, all that He took on his shoulders for us, His gift of love before I even existed, amazing grace indeed.....enjoyed this poem, inspiring~*esp the last line...God Bless UR steps~*

~*They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with wings of eagles; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.~*Isaiah 40:31

'The words burn as deep embers in the heart of a poet long after the wildfire has run its course and found it's release'- Soar~*

~*you can complain that rose bushes have thorns-or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses~*anonymous

~*Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God.~*anonymous
Sellmecandy

Mood: Embracing who I am each day....

[*] posted on 1-9-2010 at 02:45 AM

When reading this i was reminded of the "footprints in the sand".... it is so rare for people to actually stand up for what they believe in.... Jesus did it for us, why can't we do it for him? I feel that so many of us call ourselves "unashamed" when our actions speak differently. I am so glad that you are Standing. I pray that you continue to stand and that you not only stand... but stand firmly. Thanks for sharing....

"Just a girl vying for self-expression"

See My blog:
www.beingscrumptuosity.blogspot.com

Twitter:
www.twitter.com/scrumptuosity

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/scrumptuosity

Instagram:
@Scrumptuosity

Youtube:
www.youtube.com/Scrumptuosity

Tumblr:
http://scrumptuosity.tumblr.com/

Sellmecandy PoetsPage:
http://www.RacquelHill.com
MrAfrica
Super Administrator

Mood: I see Poems!! :yes:

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 07:03 PM

good-evening Phinixrose,

glad to see another member posting via the divine section... :yes:

==
==
I will stand for the humiliation you had to bare...

I will stand and fight aginst the prince of the air...

I will stand and pray, fast and do my part...

I will stand in your grace for your love has captured my heart...

I will stand when all the world takes a bow, I shall stand and know that it is on your legs I stand now...

Stand
==
==

do continue to stand in his honor, as i shall also follow thy lead... glad to see another christian acknowledge his greatness literally... yes it's he who has us all standing so go ahead and bathwithin spiritual bliss... in summary i do wish more poets would praise him more through poetry...
angel25

have a bless night...

sincerely,
c.t.adams-///

New Poetic Rules - NO Posting of Poems on the weekend... Updated on October 11, 2006
http://www.mrafrica.net/viewthread.php?tid=8926 (------

Note: Thank at least 2-4 poets per Thank You message... :yes:

Check out our moderators: | Staff List | peace25

Our Blogs:

http://ThyBlackMan.com | http://ThySistas.com

http://BlackFitness101.com | http://www.Akiit.com
:cool:
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
ladylyric

Mood: In LOVE with life

[*] posted on 1-21-2010 at 02:38 PM

Phinixrose..

Indeed to Fight the Fine Fight of our Faith.
This piece is wonderful to me for so many reasons.. in this world and the times that we are living in, there are so many things that will test for faith, love and integrity, but it is oh so important for us to stand firm... recognizing though that we can not do it on our own

A lot of things are so much bigger than we are, and we are fighting against forces that are so much stronger than we are(alone) but with complete reliance on our heavenly father he will help us to endure, and give us the strength we need to continue in our race for life.

Thanks for sharing this peace...
poetic Love

"What you DO speaks so loud that I can not hear what you say." - Ralph W. Emerson

"My pens release is my poetic reflection....." - LadyLyric
Ariono-jovan Labu

Mood: con un nuevo amor para vida

[*] posted on 1-25-2010 at 01:47 PM

ditto mo... this had the feeling of awakening from the influence satan... ready to put on Divine armor & war verse babylon. 1-

Phinixrose

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 11:10 PM

Thank you ,

To everyone who took the time to read this write, Im glad that it touched each one of you in a different but similar way. Ariono-jovan Labu the way you recieved it is exactly the way I want it to be recieved, I want to awaken in all of us that desire "to run towards the goal of the mark and high calling of Christ Jesus" for this is what we were created for. Also I just wanted to say a special thank you to Sellmecandy for comparing my write to" Footprints in the sand" I felt really honor'ed because that is such a beautiful write. Thank you angel25
redcandyapple

[*] posted on 4-3-2010 at 12:45 AM
response

Very uplifting poem indeed. I enjoyed reading it. Standing firm and believing in our beliefs is the best choice we could make because Jesus did so much for us. He is always watching over us and he carries us and our burdens in his hand. What we give to him through our devotion and good things is us giving back what he already gave us.

Phinixrose

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 07:54 PM

Redcandyapple thank you for taking the time to read this write and thank you for your words because it is true "STANDING FIRM " is the best choice we could make because the father has giving to us more than we could ever give back or hope to give. I pray that we all continue to stand on the promise's of God, no looking back no giving up!
poetmaster

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 07:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Soar~*  
Phinixrose~*

what a beautiful poem, a testament to fighting the good fight, taking that stand against all that would try to pull one away from God....yes, all that He took on his shoulders for us, His gift of love before I even existed, amazing grace indeed.....enjoyed this poem, inspiring~*esp the last line...God Bless UR steps~*
poetmaster

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 07:59 PM

That was a great poem describing the lenths of gratitude being shown to us as a people when faith is exercised. If the world could only be united in the faith, we would all learn what god has in store for us. Good job
Ms. Happy

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 08:26 PM

Your poem is so uplifting and encouraging. With each line I am inspired to keep looking towards my heavenly Father.

Go To Top