Mr. Africa Poetry Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom
Users viewing this page: None - 1 Guest

Forum Information
» You need at least 1 post(s) to be able to reply in this forum.
» You need at least 4 post(s) to be able to start a thread in this forum.

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Prayer
BitterSweet

online.gif posted on 12-28-2009 at 11:42 PM
Prayer

Now you know of course I want more because tomorrow more is required from me
I looked money directly in the eye for respect and I saw that money cried to

I hope I'm not destined to die greed for my stomach is designed to alert my mind to open my mouth and say feed me
Late check cuts have me so sick need checkups saved some change am I needy?

Beast and man fight the gluttony
Not even my Mother would touch me because the mental money disease is contagious
It's outrageous the way I just disrespected my birth for this thirst

I miss my girl so much it hurts
Love her lust her in my own regretful war

Cooped up watching pigeons perch and my left and right hand
Yesterday or tomorrow?

Sometimes I don't even care
Money has me by the nut sack and I want my balls back because it's big business to BS me

Pain so deep that my prostate hurts vitamins or burst
I wonder if one looked me in the eye do they see my cry?

Why?

I sought Mother Nature consciously and she forever spoke
Bitter spoke sweet sap pricking at times pine cones success and sorrows but she spoke

Watch what one wishes for because I just might get it
Infinite verbal thoughts echoes

Knowledge blows my mind
I'm scared why me?

There's is no I in me
Is there an eye in I in me?

Was it always sleep until I seek?
Always wondered why me?

I fear death at the end of my own hands due to my wants and needs
So I practice one step backwards for two steps forward

Peace before I decease one for my peace
Please God I thank you for my peace whatever is left inside me

Blame it on knowledge that I know the ledge from the skyline I envisioned my swan dive somehow I knew I would fly to never worry again

I feared the loss of a loved one many times have came and went
I would love to have them back but now they say there better off

Wow and God blessed me?
Yes thy blessed me

Why do I feel alone?
I have a son but due to my make up I yearn love's affection

Half of the time in my mind she's never left
It's the physical that makes us cry

I'm not built to be a monk all preserved full of semen
I bear the key for the woman however due to our needs I'm locked out

I beg to differ on my selfish nature
I write these words so that you'll read the paper

How could a pen scribing mind have nothing to give?
angel25
Soar~*

Lisa Lambert

Mood: letting go...& letting God

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 02:32 AM

BitterSweet~*

deep write, definitely a thought provoking journey.....many forms of gluttony and greed to contend with, can take on all kinds of forms in ones life...but feeding the insatiable monsters also means sacrificing some of that blessed peace, not an equal swap at all...temporary gain can cost one, scar one, consume one, the lusts of life are an incessant slave driver, no rest.....as I said, thought provoking write, got the wheels in my mind turning....nothing more valuable or precious in this very temporary life then God's perfect peace, is what I got out of this poem....thanks for sharing, God Bless UR sTePs~*

~*They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with wings of eagles; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.~*Isaiah 40:31

'The words burn as deep embers in the heart of a poet long after the wildfire has run its course and found it's release'- Soar~*

~*you can complain that rose bushes have thorns-or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses~*anonymous

~*Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God.~*anonymous
Sellmecandy

Mood: Embracing who I am each day....

[*] posted on 1-9-2010 at 02:42 AM

I LOVED the flow... omg it was so real and honest. I felt like this write was something that meant something to you. Its so much more rewarding when we can be one with our writing. This write was so much of what I even needed to hear. I love it when I can relate to someone's writing.... it makes me know that there are other people in this world that are like me.... Truly I enjoyed your piece and I hope that you continue on your peaceful journey...This poem sounded like a true prayer.... a true look inside yourself. I understand that when you pray you must come humbly... I felt that humbleness... I felt that you admitted your issues.. sometimes its not so easy to be that honest with ourselves....

"Why do I feel alone?

It's the physical that makes us cry"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is so true.... I truly felt these words... I wanted to cry when I read and reread these lines... i felt something much deeper than a connection to the lines... i felt my own emptiness inside and my own yearning for love....

I want to write a poem to post here now... thank you for iinspiration.....

Please... NEVER be discouraged.... continue your beautiful poetic journey and remember that I pray for your perfect-peace....

"Just a girl vying for self-expression"

See My blog:
www.beingscrumptuosity.blogspot.com

Twitter:
www.twitter.com/scrumptuosity

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/scrumptuosity

Instagram:
@Scrumptuosity

Youtube:
www.youtube.com/Scrumptuosity

Tumblr:
http://scrumptuosity.tumblr.com/

Sellmecandy PoetsPage:
http://www.RacquelHill.com
MrAfrica
Super Administrator

Mood: I see Poems!! :yes:

thumbup.gif posted on 1-13-2010 at 06:39 PM
re; hi...

good-evening BitterSweet,

hope all is well... :yes:

==
==

I feared the loss of a loved one many times have came and went
I would love to have them back but now they say there better off

Wow and God blessed me?
Yes thy blessed me

Why do I feel alone?

It's the physical that makes us cry

I'm not built to be a monk all preserved full of semen
I bear the key for the woman however due to our needs I'm locked out

I beg to differ on my selfish nature
I write these words so that you'll read the paper

How could a pen scribing mind have nothing to give?

==
==

deep one as many can relate... being tempted by money, lust, and so on... that's human nature my friend, and yes we all do sin on a regular basis... the good thing is the lord is willing to forgive so go ahead and welcome him with open arms... what i'm saying to many of us become sidetrack, and fail to nuture thy relationship with the man above... yes indeed prayer is a must...
angel25

have a bless night...

sincerely,
c.t.adams-///

New Poetic Rules - NO Posting of Poems on the weekend... Updated on October 11, 2006
http://www.mrafrica.net/viewthread.php?tid=8926 (------

Note: Thank at least 2-4 poets per Thank You message... :yes:

Check out our moderators: | Staff List | peace25

Our Blogs:

http://ThyBlackMan.com | http://ThySistas.com

http://BlackFitness101.com | http://www.Akiit.com
:cool:
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BitterSweet

[*] posted on 2-18-2010 at 09:56 PM

Well put.... I read somewhere that the original man never portrayed his art with the consideration of forms. So when you actually conceptualize all these forms and your eyes define it reality it could be a very scary place. So sometimes I pray.
Thanks for reading my prayers have been answered....

Quote: Originally posted by Soar~*  
BitterSweet~*

deep write, definitely a thought provoking journey.....many forms of gluttony and greed to contend with, can take on all kinds of forms in ones life...but feeding the insatiable monsters also means sacrificing some of that blessed peace, not an equal swap at all...temporary gain can cost one, scar one, consume one, the lusts of life are an incessant slave driver, no rest.....as I said, thought provoking write, got the wheels in my mind turning....nothing more valuable or precious in this very temporary life then God's perfect peace, is what I got out of this poem....thanks for sharing, God Bless UR sTePs~*
BitterSweet

[*] posted on 2-18-2010 at 10:01 PM
Thank you

I've lost things that I've held never and dear to me for my honesty. So how should I accept that word in my future journeys? When i really should've lied and I told the truth. Now i'm set apart for the organized confusion. Oh how I miss the madness....:lol:

Thanks for reading my prayers have been answered...

Quote: Originally posted by Sellmecandy  
I LOVED the flow... omg it was
so real and honest. I felt like this write was something that meant something to you. Its so much more rewarding when we can be one with our writing. This write was so much of what I even needed to hear. I love it when I can relate to someone's writing.... it makes me know that there are other people in this world that are like me.... Truly I enjoyed your piece and I hope that you continue on your peaceful journey...This poem sounded like a true prayer.... a true look inside yourself. I understand that when you pray you must come humbly... I felt that humbleness... I felt that you admitted your issues.. sometimes its not so easy to be that honest with ourselves....

"Why do I feel alone?

It's the physical that makes us cry"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is so true.... I truly felt these words... I wanted to cry when I read and reread these lines... i felt something much deeper than a connection to the lines... i felt my own emptiness inside and my own yearning for love....

I want to write a poem to post here now... thank you for iinspiration.....

Please... NEVER be discouraged.... continue your beautiful poetic journey and remember that I pray for your perfect-peace....
ladylyric

Mood: In LOVE with life

[*] posted on 6-22-2010 at 03:19 PM

Hey Bittersweet:

I thoroughly enjoy style of writing in this piece and I appreciate the honesty and raw heart-speak feel as well. I read this and envisioned speaking to a dear friend. We speak about what's on our hearts. e speak about our prayers and this is the end result. He paints a list of concerns and I finally see and feel what’s really on his heart and mind. They're so real it's as if i can touch them. I see some sadness in his face and at moments hear the regret in his voice....yet gratefulness because this heart-speak is a relief. I know my words about your words can never due justice but I enjoyed immensely.

I fear death at the end of my own hands due to my wants and needs
So I practice one step backwards for two steps forward

Peace before I decease one for my peace
Please God I thank you for my peace whatever is left inside me

Blame it on knowledge that I know the ledge from the skyline I envisioned my swan dive somehow I knew I would fly to never worry again

Captivation is not a strong enough word to use when describing my feel when reading the above. You painted a picture here that was so real, so vivid.

I too thank God for the peace that can be enjoyed in those seemingly un-peaceful situation(s), every moment that my heart beats I thank him, even when in search of it...whether it be found or not in reality there's still peace....anyway, i will stop rambling and once again thank you for your works... I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

Poetic Love Poet...

"What you DO speaks so loud that I can not hear what you say." - Ralph W. Emerson

"My pens release is my poetic reflection....." - LadyLyric

Go To Top